Ford Four

Ford Four

12/6/07

Progress

Well, after the guy laying the foundation took so long, I was convinced that the baby would be here before Dad and Mom's house was finished. However, the framers have renewed my hopes! They were awesome! They were here early every morning and even worked last friday when it was raining some. Anyway, this is what they accomplished this far.
Mom will finally have a wrap around front porch! She's always wanted one! The view from the front porch.Pretty bay windows. (that is my favorite part of the plans!) This is the view out the guest bedroom window. It is huge. It should be very pretty. A walk in pantry! Mom will have a kitchen with all the storage she needs! Plus pretty windows. The view from them will be my bedroom window....I better buy some good draps! Actually, they are right at the corner of the porch. I couldn't help but think of Grandma's porch and setting out on it year round. It never seemed cold on her porch. I hope mom and her grandkids will have the great memories of her porch as we do of Grandma's! That is all for now. The roofers came today. They got here sometime after 7:30 and were finished before 11:30. I was very impressed. Meeks also delivered the windows and doors today, so hopefully the framers will be back tomorrow. They assured Dad that that is a one day job as well. That means we could see siding next week. Then we have to wait on the electrician. I hope he hurries. I have serious doubts that we'll see him before Christmas, but I really hope he proves me wrong. Mom told them they needed to be done by the first part of Feb because the baby is due the first part of march. Maybe they listened! The first of Feb would at least give mom time to get her stuff moved and me time to get somewhat settled. I have no hopes of getting to paint before that, but that is alright. We'll wait until later in the spring, so that I can air the house out better!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Where are they building? Do you live right beside them? I feel like I know nothing of what you guys have been up to these days! : )

Brittney said...

I'm with Jessica, I need details!! Are you living with them now? Will you be at Brayden's party on Saturday?