Ford Four

Ford Four

12/19/07

Women's Ministy Christmas Meeting

Once a year at Women's ministry we have volunteers to decorate tables. Its always a lot of fun to see what the different ladies come up with. This year we did it for our Christmas meeting. The lighting wasn't the greatest but I had to share. Yvonnes was by far the most elegant with antique amber colored dishes, greens, and golds to accent. This picture does no justice at all. This was Shawna's table. "Hogs" of course! Her snowman were so cute, and you can't see them very well but the chairs were so pretty. I didn't think about decorating the chairs. This table was very simple and sweet. The floating candles were a nice touch. Just outside of the picture was a nativity scene as well. I wish this had been a better picture. The center peice was a nativity scene. This one looked like something out of a magazine. The neatest part about this table was the rolled up paper on the plates. It was a story the host had written about Christmas. It was very thoughtful! This is my table. It was pretty simple, but I was proud!
I put real cranberries in Christmas wine goblets and added a tealight candle to make candle holders. I did the same thing in the dessert dishes for lower lighting. And I just stole mom's berries off her mantle to put in this vase with more cranberries to support the plant. We had a great night of fellowship. I always thought of Women's Ministry as an old ladies group, but ours isn't that at all. The median age is probably still 40, but a lot of the 20-30 age group is envolved as well. Plus, 40 really isn't that "old." Anyway, every month we have a food theme and a different speaker. Its so much fun to go and be with all the ladies, eat and have an interesting topic. My favorite is always in March when we do Irish food! If you live close by you should join us some month! Its a blast and not all the women that come are from our church. See you there.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ohhh!! I love the cranberries! I am so copying that sometime! : )

Brittney said...

That looks like so much fun! Your table looked great, and I love how Shawna decorated the chairs. I need to get involved in a ladies group--I'm like you, always thought it was for older women. I guess in a way we are getting older (David turns 28 in 2 months!!).