Ford Four

Ford Four

12/16/07

Edana's "Me Day"

Edana attends Head Start this year. They do not celebrate ANY holidays. I guess they don't want to offend anyone by leaving their holiday out. Personally, its kinda pathetic to me. If its a national holiday, why can't we acknowledge it? Anyway, since the kids don't get to celebrate their birthdays, they each get a "me day." Edana had hers on Friday. Me and the boys stayed at school with her until nap time, and she came home with us early. It was a lot of fun. She got to pick the songs and stories for the day. They also let her bring one special thing to show everyone at circle time along with her Book About Me. It was pretty cute. They did a cheer and spelled her name. It was also the last day of school before "Winter Break" I couldn't help myself. Teachers deserve Christmas presents, so Edana and I made cookies and decorated sacks to give to them. She was so excited about it. The batteries in the camera decided to die after we got to headstart, so I didn't get any pictures of her special day. She was too busy to stop for pictures anyway!
Its was Edana's Me Day, but Aidan reaped some of the benefits as well. He got to stay and do everything they did. He's bigger than most of the kids in her class, but missed the cut off by 7 days. He did pretty well. I wasn't sure how he'd act, but, other than not always sitting when he was supposed to, he followed the rules and listened to the teachers. He played really well with the other kids as well. He did excellent at meal times, unlike at home. He loved the library area and he got to paint a picture too! Declan did pretty good too. He got tired and probably would have fallen asleep, but the other kids were so fascinated with a baby in class, he didn't get the chance. It was a very fun and memorable day! Plus, Edana's birthday is in the middle of summer, so its probably the only time she'll get to have a special day like that at school. I hope she always remembers it!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I absolutely love the green scarf on her head! She is such a sweety!!

Jessica said...

How fun! I know she LOVED having you there!

Brittney said...

How cute!! It is kind of sad that they don't celebrate any holidays--I hate how everyone tries to be "politically correct". That is one of my least favorite phrases! She is a cute little girl!

Oh, and I agree with Shelly about your below post. Dr. Hix is a hottie!!! I only saw him once because he was too cute to see me that swollen! haha! I'm kidding!