Ford Four

Ford Four

11/6/07

Pow a Mu

Jeff and I aren't exactly the woodsy type. I love to be outdoors (well, mostly on the river), and we grew up camping out everywhere we went on vacation. Jeff, however, had never been camping for real. Well, I don't count a camper trailer as for real. I know, some people just don't like to camp, but it doesn't seem real if you are up off the ground in a trailer with an air conditioner. However, he has been broken in well. Aidan and Jeff went on a spiritual emphasis retreat with the ranch right after A.J.'s birthday. The first weekend in August, we(Jeff, Edana, Aidan, and me) went to Pow a Mu. This is a weekend put on by Fellowship of Christian Frontiersmen. Everyone sleeps in canvas tents or teepees. They all cook in dutch ovens over open camp fires, and most of them wear authentic dress. It was so much fun! We had a blast, and we won the Seneca walk! I hope we can go back again. I've even thought about making the kids some clothes for it. They had such a good time!
This was the teepee we stayed in.
Camp Site.Ford family crafting. You won't see that everyday.Edana and Aidan playing stick ball with the other kids.Tony and Jennifer. (I'll probably be in trouble for this picture, but they are the ones that invited us. I'm so glad they did!)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Looks like a blast! Glad it hadn't gotten too cold at that time! You would freeze now! : )