Ford Four

Ford Four

1/30/08

The Race Continues

The race to see what happens first is still going. It looks as though Jeff will win. He got a very good report from his OT yesterday. She thinks he will be out of his splint with limited use by Friday! She told him he could take it off while he was just sitting around the house, but to put it on before he gets up. (I don't know that she realizes that if Jeff is sitting down, there is usually a little one crawling on him.)
Well, tomorrow I go for my first weekly check. We'll have to see what Dr. Hix says. I'm hoping he'll go ahead and schedule and induction date. Then I can plan everything easier. Plus, I'm a little afraid to go into labor naturally. I had Declan so fast! I remember praying my water would break, but I ended up being induced. Dr. Hix broke my water at just before 5 o'clock with the warning that it may take a while, and I had Declan at 6:06.(I hadn't even had any real contractions up to that point) All I could think was, I would have been one of those people on the news whose poor husband had to deliver the baby in the back of the car! I don't want to end up one of those women! (Plus, Shelly would be jealous if Jeff got to deliver a baby before her!)
The house is definitely losing! Its very frustrating. They went a while without doing anything. This week has seen some progress, finally. The septic system was put in on Monday. (they did it all in one day!) Yesterday, the electrician came for half a day. He hooked up the heater, put most of the outlets and light switches in, and hung about half the lights. I can't help but think, if he'd worked a full day, could he have finished. The men came and put the counters in in the kitchen. They should be back in a couple of days to put the vanity tops in the bathroom. Those have to be made at the shop before being put in. Once that happens the plumber can come and finish. That all has to be finished before Dad can put in the floors and paint. Then the whole moving process has to happen. I just don't see it happening before the baby! Anyway, I guess that means I'll have mom to help me when we bring home Rileigh Cait! I just really miss my big king size bed!!
Mom didn't quite get what she thought she was getting with her counters, but they look great! I love the chocolate brown. It will go so well with the red she picked for the walls!
The light in the hall and the fan in the office are installed!Plus all the bathroom lights and the walk in closet light. Maybe he'll finish soon. Doesn't look like it will be today though. Its after ten and he's still not here!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I loved building, but it is a slow process! It took us nine months (our house is about 2500 sqf), and it was the longest 9 months ever. I equate it to being preganat! Ha!

Shelly said...

Hey! Tell dad to plan the floors when I can come help! I really want to do the stain on the cement so that I'll know how to do it in my basement!

sheila_j71 said...

Red walls in the kitchen huh? An OU kitchen maybe?? There's a place in Tulsa that has a TON of stuff plates bowls, cups etc.... HMMM I did paint my room a chocolate witch is a red/brown mix, may have to go with OU stuff in there...

The Hickmans said...

It looks like you're making progress- yea!!