Ford Four

Ford Four

1/17/08

Declan's a big boy!

I know most people wait longer than I do, but we converted Declan's bed into a toddler bed today! I love this bed. It was a really simple process Take the baby rail off. (It just slides right off) Screw in the bottom rail and attach the little toddler bed piece to that.
Put the mattress and pillow back on... Test with Declan. Aidan had to give his approval as well (one day he's going to hate looking at pictures of himself because he never has clothes on) Declan taking a nap in his "big boy bed" He did so well. You can't see in the pictures, but I put pillows down in case he falls. Honestly, I don't see the point in those little bitty rails. They are barely bigger than the pillow. He didn't fall at nap time though, and he went right to bed tonight too. We read a story; I laid him down; sang a song; did prayers; and he stayed in bed until he fell asleep. I'm so proud! We'll see how long until he figures out he can escape!

4 comments:

Brayden's mom said...

WOW he is a big boy! I think the minute we put Brayden in a big boy bed he will end up in our bed everynight, because he loves our room.

Jessica said...

Hi is a big boy now!! : )

Brittney said...

That was such a big step for me. We waited until about 18 months because I couldn't handle it any sooner! It took her about 4 months to realize she can get out. We keep her door shut at night (because she can't see and we don't want her wandering around), so she bangs on the door and yells "Mama, Dada!!"

Kim said...

Now that I see all my friends putting their little ones in their toddler beds I am getting ready to do the same. We put Clayton in his toddler bed early too. It doesn't seem possible that they can all be old enough for toddler beds already.