Ford Four

Ford Four

1/23/08

Furniture Fancies!

Everyone has them....you know, that one thing that you'd just keep buying and buying. For some its clothes or shoes, others kitchen appliances...for my uncles its cars (trucks to be exact.) Well, for me, its furniture. I especially love bedroom furniture and antiques. This fascination has passed on to my two oldest as well. Every once in a while, they actually ask to go look at furniture stores. Edana would change bedroom suites every year if we could let her! I have been so excited because getting mom and dad's place meant that I'd have to buy new living room furniture. (We didn't have anything but my beloved rocking chair) These kinds of purchases only get to happen certain times of the year for our ministry budget...tax time. The one time a year we get a lump sum to boost us for the upcoming year. Now, I'm not as money wise as I'd like to be, but with a lot of prayer, I've learned. I am always extremely cautious about the best ways to spend this wonderful tax money that we get because of the kids. Anyway, all of that said. I pick out our couch the first of Dec. It had to be ordered and our furniture store has a lay-a-way option with no interest...much better than financing. I figured this would work great since the house should be finished by the time we get our taxes and can pay it off!
Well, the couch finally came in, and Sat., we went to pick out a chair to go with it. We didn't find what we were looking for, but we did on the lay-z-boy website. John, the owner, told us he'd call us Monday with the final prices. Here is where things get interesting. Remember, I said I got the couch in Dec. Well, when I found it, I thought I got an extremely good deal. Actually, I misread the tag and left off a very important one...it was in front of all the other numbers...that's right. I made a $1,000 mistake. Well, he called again Tuesday and told us that the chair we wanted didn't come in the color it showed it in on the computer. I suppose that is actually a good thing....now I can cancel the order and just get the couch. Its worth the price...I just thought I'd gotten a bargain. It was kind of a let down. The quality is good and should last us until the kids are big enough to get something a little fancier.(more my style than the kids!) Now, I have a good excuse to go flea marketing for a great bargain treasure!! Not that I really need much excuse when it comes to that! My couch is pictured below with weird pillows...we didn't get those.
Well, blog time is up. My one handed husband it attempting to make cookies by himself...maybe I should be a good wife and go help...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It is soo fun! I love brown! You will love stretching out and relaxing! : )

The Hickmans said...

Hi Mandee! I've enjoyed looking at your blog and family. You have such a beautiful family! I love this couch- I'm sure you'll enjoy it!! I think I like the pillows- they're kind of funky. :)