Ford Four

Ford Four

1/8/08

Check ups all around

In the past week the whole family has had a check up of one kind or another. The kids had WIC check ups.
Declan is as average as can be. He weighed 24 lbs 9.5oz and is 30 inches tall. He is my only average kid. He is going to be built like my dad, I think. Hopefully he'll be as good or better at football. One of his grandkids needs to like playing football.
Edana's growth chart was as it usually is...Tall and Skinny. She weighed 38lbs and is 43 inches tall. She is always in the 75 percentile on height and 25 percentile on weight. She is blessed! Aidan is huge! He is actually slowing down these days. He slowed down enough in the last year to actually be on the chart at the 95 percentile. He weighs 38lbs and is 41 1/4 inches. He'll pass Edana eventually. Every year he gets closer to her and now they weigh the same. She does call him the big brother... Jeff after surgery number two. His splint was so huge, Edana wanted him to put eyes and a mouth on it. It did look like a hand puppet. He went to the physical therapist today. They made him a new splint out of this really cool plastic. They warmed it up and formed it to his hand. She made it right there in front of us in about 45 minutes. She showed him some exercises to do to start getting mobility back in his fingers He isn't allowed to straighten his fingers at all. he can bend his fingers down but his thumb is to stay still. He can use his other hand to move it down some. Honestly, it sounds like a slower process than I thought it would be. Edana said his new splint looks like cheese. Kids have a great imagination! He goes to the pt again on Friday and see Dr. Henley on Tuesday. He should get the stitches out soon. The swelling was down this visit and you could see where his scare will be. It kind of intrigues me! Having been an athletic trainer in school, the fascination comes back being around the physical therapist and what they do. Oh. I went to the doctor as well. Not too much to tell there. I had gain a pound more than I should have. Its actually better than I thought I'd do being the holidays. I go every two weeks now, so next Thursday. I see Dr. Seale next time. I don't think I've ever seen her before. After that, I'll stick with Dr. Hix until the baby comes. Only 7 weeks to go!! Yippee! Oh! I also signed papers for a tubal ligation this time. (I kinda figured Jeff had had enough surgeries for a while) The doctor tried to tell me that we could wait until Jeff was well enough to have surgery. Considering our track record, I'd rather not take any chances. I love my babies, but I don't want to have another pregnancy, EVER!!! Two months and I won't have to do this ever again!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Be very careful...
Never say ever or never!!
Believe me, I said that I would never leave Fayetteville and look where I am now!

Jessica said...

Poor Jeff! That splint is HUGE- you are right! I hate that for him, but I know you are a good wife and take care of him. : )

I'm excited for you and your last pregnancy. I know you are ready to have this one and move on to the next stage! : )

Hugs!

Brittney said...

Poor guy! At least the new one is smaller! I bet it was awkward trying to do anything with that big thing on his hand!

Congratulations on your last pregnancy! I wouldn't mind being through with one, but Brooklynn needs a brother or sister. Hopefully 2 will be it for us!

Brittney said...

Oh--I meant to tell you that Declan already weighs more than Brooklynn. She's 23 lbs fully clothed (jeans, sweater, boots, etc). Shawna and I were talking about it today and Brayden has them both beat! :)