Ford Four

Ford Four

3/8/09

Home Again, Home Again...

I wouldn't say I'm hardheaded exactly...well, not set in my ways, but maybe a little stubborn. Ha! People who know me best are laughing right now. That said...I'll tell you about the subtle changing of my mind. It only took nine years! Nine years ago in Feb, I came home one Saturday, between my split shifts at Charlie's Chicken, to find an empty house. I did the best thing I could think to do...I took a nap! My parents came home and woke me up with what they thought to be exciting news. They had bought a trailer and we were going to move to Brentwood! I was furious. How could they make that kind of a decision without me! (did I mention I was 17 and the baby of the family-yeah) What on earth would make them crazy enough to move out in the country to this ..... I took these shots when mom and dad were moving into their new house. The intent was to blow them up and frame them.
At some point that decision that made me so furious became home. We came in last night about 5:30p.m. When Jeff turned into the drive Edana, her most mothering voice, said, "Do you know where we are?" Aidan promptly answered, "We're home, its our trailer!" Strangely enough, I felt the same way. Maybe it took me a while, but this little valley, has grown on me. In my devotional the other night it asked a question, "what is your favorite spot outside?" Without warning, I started crying....I know I'm a baby. But it made me so homesick. This is my favorite spot...not really the prettiest, but my favorite.... I'm home for a few weeks. Jeff and the oldest two are going to be back and forth. I'll be having surgery Thursday, so please keep me in your prayers, but I intend to enjoy being outside as much as the weather allows!

No comments: