Ford Four

Ford Four

4/29/08

April Showers...

I think this April has brought more "showers" than I want to remember. After the frost this morning, I've decided anyone who wants to believe in "Global Warming" must lack common sense! I'm ready for the 80 degree weather that made a brief appearance last week. I've got kids to darken up before swimming weather gets here! Believe me, my kids need all the "darkening up" they can handle. Rileigh Cait isn't too white. I think her skin has an olive tone to it. She should tan quite nicely. Aside from all the rain, its been a fun, busy month. I can't believe it ends tomorrow. April is birthday month for the Bailey clan (yes, we're too big to be a family...we're a clan!) There is fifteen birthdays in April, and three of them are on the 27th. That was my grandma's birthday too and Jeff's grandma's oddly enough. I don't mind sharing my birthday at all. Its kinda fun sometimes. I got exactly what I asked for from mom and aunt Linda sent me her traditional card with a little fun money in it. I'm sure I'll buy me and Jeff a coke with it! My new workout gear. A ball, weights and mat. Its all red! (although, I may have already gotten past 5lb weights) Guess I'll have to add to my collection!Mom made me dinner Sat. (Her one day back in town before she was gone again.) She didn't even have to ask what I wanted. Ribs and peach cobbler! My favorite!!Sunday, mom left, Jeff worked, and I was still hurting from my surgery on Thursday. Needless to say my actual birthday was kind of a drag. I decided I'd pep things up a bit and made my own birthday cake. Jeff made me dinner(in the microwave and served on paper plates) when he got home from work and then I got to take a long soak in the tub. Turned out the evening was rather nice!I wasn't the only one who went to the doctor last week. Rileigh Cait had her two month check up and her first round of shots. She is now 23in and 10lbs 13oz. She started out 19 1/4in and 7lb even! I'd say she's grown a little! 3 inches and 3(almost 4) pounds in two months! Jeff may have another basketball player on his hands! (have I ever mentioned I'm more into football and soccer) That's okay. I prayed my girls would be naturally tall and skinny. I just hope she doesn't out grow Declan. He's not short just average! I guess they'll be like Jake and Bailey.My littlest sooner!! I found this the other day after waking up from my post surgery nap. Jeff left the door open to be able to check on me. I had asked him to open the shade if I was going to be stuck in bed for a while, and I guess, Aidan thought I needed some company. Isn't it beautiful out the window! So green!
I'm never in pictures, so I had Jeff take some of me and the kids...can't tell who she belongs to can you! Getting one of the three older kids was a little hard to accomplish I had to catch Declan in order to get a picture with him. He was really too busy to stop. I love this picture! Aidan is always so serious when he has his picture taken. A little tickle was all it took! Rileigh decided to eat, so I just took one of her and Daddy! Poor Jeff was worn out after a couple of days of playing mommy.
Oh! they love each other...well...he loves her. She looks a little annoyed Yep, still annoyed My big kids! It seems like Edana should still be a baby and she's starting school this year! How did that happen? Aidan will finally get to go to preschool...we're both ready for that! He gets a little bored at home these days. I'm ready for him to have something to talk about besides superheros! This is Dec's new hang out. I think just because he can. Although, tonight I had to get him off the table you see in the back. He was trying to work on the lamp...
This is the result of mommy trying to lay on the couch instead of in my bed.He got his first ride on the lawn mower. He loved it! Now he really won't let dad go outside without him. I think he has pawpaw right where he wants him these days. Dec is at that fun stage where he is learning all kinds of words at once. I heard him in the dinning room this morning saying "smile" I came around the corner to see him trying to reach my camera. I got the camera and he grabbed Rileigh Cait's blanket and cheesed real big! I love my babies! They're a blast, but by the end of the day, I'm worn out! That said, I'm off to bed at 15min til 10:00! Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your kids are beautiful! Rileigh is getting so big. I love the OU outfit! Mmmm...seeing that peach cobbler made me want some, it is my favorite!!

The Hickmans said...

Rileigh is getting so big! I hope you are feeling better soon. When you're able to start your workouts, you will love the ball- I love mine!!

Kyle and Sharon said...

It was very nice to see you at church today! It's been a long time since we've been able to do that!
<3 Sharon